The Lodge St. George
No.2532 (Chennai)

Date of Warrant: October,19,1894

On the auspicious day of Pongal in 1894, 14 brethren met in Madras to consider the advisability of forming a new Masonic Lodge among the Military members of the craft in Madras. It was decided that an application for a warrant be made to the District Grand Master, and be called as Lodge St George, named after the patron saint of England. After many correspondences and meetings, the Lodge was consecrated on the 4th of August in 1894, and met for the first time on 24th August 1894 at Masonic Hall, Vepery, which belonged to Lodge Perfect Unanimity No.150, the oldest surviving lodge in our district.